- Piper Reed Navy Brat – Kimberly Willis Holt (AR level 3.5)
- Stumptown Kid – Carol Gorman & Ron J. Findley (AR level 3.7)
- A Crooked Kind of Perfect – Linda Urban (AR level 3.9)
- The Sloppy Copy Slipup – DyAnne DiSalvo (AR level 3.9)
- It’s Raining Cupcakes – Lisa Schroeder (AR level 3.9)
- Defiance – Valerie Hobbs (AR level 4.0)
- The Library Card – Jerry Spinelli (Level 4.3)
- The Ransom Note Blues – Jill Santopolo (Level 4.5)
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler –L. Konigsburg (AR level 4.7)
- The Cricket in Times Square – George Selden (AR level 4.9)
- Choose a book to read from the list above. After reading, write a 1 to 2 paragraph retelling of the story. Pretend you want to convince a friend to read the book – tell them about the important or exciting things that happened in the story.
- Choose a different book to read from the list. Write a letter to the author telling them about your favorite part of the book.
- Choose a third book to read from the list. Pretend you are one of the characters in the story. Write 3 separate diary entries as if you were the character (write about some of the things the character experienced in the story.)
Please make sure to have your name on all assignments and be prepared to turn in the first week of school.